New Rear Window Gasket

I replaced my slider last year. Ordered it somewhere off the internet made by CLR, cost $175, included the urethane. The old urethane was very difficult to remove. The old frame had a broken window so didn't have to be careful with the old frame but it would be really hard to remove and reglue.

My gasket has shrunk over time. I was going to pull it out for paint and reinstall with new gasket. I have a friend that does auto glass. I was just hoping to have everything lined up and ready so he would have a easy time getting it done..

• 4 months later...

Still trying to figue out on this rear window gasket. PatO did your new wndow come with the rubber trim to go around the window? I am really thinking about getting this rear window (http://www.dkhardware.com/product-30693-etrv700bt-tri-vent-three-panel-slider-with-dark-gray-glass-for-1986-1992-jeep-comanche.html) if the rubber trim is icluded. My rubber trim or gasket looks like poop and I do not want to reuse it after paint is done.

Did a bit of diggin on Google.  I think the rear weatherstrip gasket for the Comanche is 55007123.  Old part # was 55004225.  Checked a bunch of web sites for that #, and found one that lists it as still available.

Try Auto Parts/Parts.com.  They list the part numbers, still available for around 58.00.  However, there is no description of the part, or what it is, but it is listed under Jeep Comanche parts.  Guess you could call em and verify.

Hopes this helps a bit.

GrumpysMJ

• 3 weeks later...