Fuel Lines

I am using the HO Fuel rail, which means i have to use the longer HO fuel lines, Can i just get a complete set from a donor? Rail to tank.

EDIT: i just had a thought, I think the only way it would work would be if i found an HO comanche, Cherokee has the fuel tank in a different location.

Sooo how would one make the HO fuel rail work, if you can't find an HO comanche?

Cut a section of the fuel line out along the frame rail and splice a length of 5/6 steel tubing to make the distant end long enough. Double flare each end (like a brake line), and use flare unions to connect it all back up. Single flares will work just fine too. They are more secure than the factory quick connectors.

Cut a section of the fuel line out along the frame rail and splice a length of 5/6 steel tubing to make the distant end long enough. Double flare each end (like a brake line), and use flare unions to connect it all back up. Single flares will work just fine too. They are more secure than the factory quick connectors.

That is definitely the best way to do it. I just got done putting my '95 cherokee HO in my comanche, though, and I mickey moused it a bit. Much easier, haha.

here's what I did:

(talking about the cherokee fuel lines here)

Pulled the lines off the engine

Right at the engine its soft line, then it turns into hard line, and turns back into soft line near the tank.

Next the tranny the hard line is really straight and runs along the frame rail, I cut there using a tube cutter. Just cut wherever you think you'll have the most access.

Flare the ends where you cut it with a flaring tool

since the hard line is now flared, you can get soft fuel line by the foot from the auto parts store, and hose clamp it on right behind the flare without worries

run soft line from your cut to the comanche fuel filter (replace it while you're at it) for the in line, and the whole way to the comanche tank for the return line. My comanche tank and pump are running the HO just fine.

zip tie everything in place ... voila

That is definitely the best way to do it. I just got done putting my '95 cherokee HO in my comanche, though, and I mickey moused it a bit. Much easier, haha.

here's what I did:

(talking about the cherokee fuel lines here)

Pulled the lines off the engine

Right at the engine its soft line, then it turns into hard line, and turns back into soft line near the tank.

Next the tranny the hard line is really straight and runs along the frame rail, I cut there using a tube cutter. Just cut wherever you think you'll have the most access.

Flare the ends where you cut it with a flaring tool

since the hard line is now flared, you can get soft fuel line by the foot from the auto parts store, and hose clamp it on right behind the flare without worries

run soft line from your cut to the comanche fuel filter (replace it while you're at it) for the in line, and the whole way to the comanche tank for the return line. My comanche tank and pump are running the HO just fine.

zip tie everything in place ... voila

I like :yes: , mickey mousing and all