Cleaning Engine Bay

Scared of messing up electronics....ive had a scare when I got lucky I found my wires burning at thw wnd of.its possilble wire...don't want to mess with anything like that...first jeep electric scares me...

Even though my mechanic.fixed the problem just washing the engine bay can be a scare to me especially looking at the pics above

I spray the entire engine compartment with Gunk, Let it set 20-30 minutes, then hose it down. Occasionally It will be necessary to remove the distributor cap and dry it but no big problems.

:agree: Remember, your comanche needs to know that you are "pack leader" if it senses you are afraid or scared of it, it will most certainly turn on you.

I've been washing the engine bay on every vehicle I've ever had with Chemtool, Gunk, Simple Green, 409, Purple Power and the dreaded WATER since I was 16...I'm 60 now (so since 1968) and I'm still doing it. Yes, I am an antique.

I've never had one itty bitty problem with "sensitive electronics"...not ever. Just leave the ignition OFF and make sure you don't blast the crap out of the TPS or dizzy etc. and don't submerge anything, you'll be fine.

...thats probably why I run her hard when I go off road...

We're still talking about the Jeep, right??