How Do Get More Flex Out Of My Rear Springs??

So here's my problem my front flexs really well i can get the rear tire good amount over 40 inches off the ground but when the front goes up othe rear maxes out way before. i can maybe get my front up about 35 inches when the rear is fully dropped out. the rear is just soa with a longer shackle in the stock mount and a small block. now i did go out and buy spring hanger mounts to move the shackle forward to hopefully allow for more drop.

any suggestions on what to do? and no shocks arent an issue

Stay FAR away from revolving shackles, they cause way too many adverse and unsafe conditions then they help. You can do leaf sliders that I've heard good things about to replace the shackles.You

In order to get leafs to flex better, you're giving up other stuff. You can remove a leaf that will give the spring an overall lower spring rate but that will reduce your payload and could cause the springs to go bad faster. Keep in mind that flex is great but if you have no weight on the tire then it's as good as being up in the air.

the forklift won't show anything i have already seen ive already seen the spring completely drooped out and the shackle as far forward as it will move...

FWIW my MJ can lift any tire about 43" off the ground,and yes if you put it on my forklift we could figure out whats wrong.

FWIW my MJ can lift any tire about 43" off the ground,and yes if you put it on my forklift we could figure out whats wrong.

The issue is from looking at your avatar is that the front is doing all the work, leaf springs will never be able to flex as well as a properly set up coil suspension.

Unloading is essentially when all the weight is taken off the corner. In an off camber situation, when the high side unloads (which is common in radius arm setups and revolver shackles), the Jeep will become very tipsy. I've seen many Jeeps flip because of the unloading effects of revolver shackles, I've also seen some pretty scary situations that came close to flipping. I would never run revolver shackles on any of my Jeeps or any of the Jeeps I build because of those characteristics.

True the front has a lot more flex then the rear.

My point is with the numbers he is getting something is bound up and limiting flex.he needs to find out what is wrong before worrying about what magic gadget he can get to bandaid the issue.

Sorry mnkyboy, didn't mean to really aim that at you but wanted to add onto your post. Just wanted to point out that the rear will not flex nearly as well as the front.

I'd throw a few older pictures of mine up but not sure it would help in this case. The issues I ran into is that the front shocks maxed out and the rear flexed until it hit the bed. I have fixed both issues but haven't flexed her out since. Only reason I'm putting that up is don't forget to look at the front also.

Also keep in mind that massive flex isn't always the best. You will have progressively less weight on one tire as you flex more. With stock axles and lighter tires (33's and below), you will have barely any weight on the tire. The less weight on the tire, the less traction you will have.

I agree,his problem is most likely the front axle.

My MJ had the same problem when I first lifted it,the rear would hit the frame and the front was using the shocks as limit straps.

Corymj89 With the forkilift I can manipulate the suspension how ever I want so I can see what's doing what as the suspension cycles.On mine I flexed it out took some measurements,made a few small changes and went from lifting the front from 36" to 43".

I figured I would offer to look at yours since you don't live that far away.