Dana 44 Axle Shaft Kits...?

On my 1988 "Blue Truck" Ive noticed over the past year or so that my rear axle shaft seals have been on their way out, a slight dribble of fluid and a reminense of gear oil in the wheels wells. However knowing that removal and pressing on and off new bearings and seals is kinda a hassle ive been looking into upgraded alloy shaft kits. Now my truck is still only on 31s with rebuilt factory Trac-lok and will likely be run that way for a good while but is it worth the money to upgrade to alloy "pre assembled" shafts now? Also if so ive noticed not all the manufactures offer the retaining plates...

Anyway the simple question is should i swing the cash and upgrade to alloys or should i just suck it up and pull a rebuild job on my current shafts? Are there any reputible aftermarket shaft companies that sell an XJ/MJ Dana 44 kit with correct retainers already pre assembled and ready to bolt in on arrival?

Thanks as always guys!

I have alloy shafts on my Dana 44. And they're 33-splines as well. A little overkill for the type of wheeling that I was doing. But at least I never worried about breaking a shaft or carrying spares.

I only did it because I got a 33-spline Detroit for $200 and a friend at Alloy USA got me a very good price on the shafts.

I'm trading my Dana 44 to a friend for his Dana 44 with an ARB. I think we'll both be happier.