Emission Maint. Light / 88 Comanchie

The maintenance light makes no difference if you have an O2 or not, it's just a timer. All you have to do is find the box under the dash and yank it and the light will go out. The other option is to pull the bulb from the dash.

The maintenance light makes no difference if you have an O2 or not, it's just a timer. All you have to do is find the box under the dash and yank it and the light will go out. The other option is to pull the bulb from the dash.

This is correct. Just unplug it. It isn't a Check Engine light, it's nothing but a reminder to replace the O2 sensor. The factory says to replace the light/timer and that it isn't serviceable, but people have figured out how to reset it if you wish to retain it.

To the OP -- how does your engine run with no oxygen sensor? And by that, I don't mean "does it run well or badly." I don't think the system will function with no oxygen sensor. (Or does it default to open loop mode and you're just running a rich mix all the time?)

I have an 88 Comanchie, auto, 4.0 Litre and the Emission Maint. Light came on the dash. Does any one know how to shut this off ?

Try one inch of black electrical tape. Cover over the offending light. Problem solved. :laughin: