Swapping To 97+ Doors, Question?

So I scored some doors and front clip, so got the door on but obviously need to change the striker, I'm sure some

Of you have done this, any pics on how to rig

It where is not crappy? I'm thinking drilling and bolts and

Nuts, but pics would help me to get a ideas, here's where I'm at with it

If you need to get something set up so the doors will simply stay shut in the shop or the like, you can install the 97+ striker with the top hole going through the factory hole and nut plate in the MJ. The alignment will be off, but the door will latch shut.

For a more permanent/proper solution, I believe it is best to remove the factory nut plate on the MJ by drilling out the spot welds. You can try and work around it , but you will just get mad.

Then, if you can weld, plug weld a plate behind the door jam utilizing the spot weld cuts and existing striker hole, position the striker in position and drill new holes and install with the 97+ hardware.

If you don't weld, position the striker on the jam and drill the holes. Cut a plate to mount behind the jam and drill a set of matching holes in the plate. Bolt everything together using the 97+ hardware. This method won't fill in the spot weld holes or the factory striker hole, but you should be able seal it up if you cut the new jam plate the right size.

Got it done and was easy, drilled a hole slightly smaller than the bolt, bolted it right to the body, it is tight! Drilled a hole on the inside or the cab behind b post just big a bought to put a nut thru with a magnetic rod, an wala! Done! Maybe 10 minutes per side.