Bench seat slide release

I'm having a hard time getting the bench seat locking mechanism to release so I can slide the seat back and forward. It seems like I am getting full travel on the release lever, but the cable is not moving the passenger side release enough. I'm guessing the cable has stetched over time and I do not see a way to adjust the tension. The cable is going through what looks like two hog rings on a bar at the back of the seat.

ANy suggestions?

Can the cable be tightened?

Are replacement cables available?

My two teenage girls are dying to drive this truck but nogo until they can adjust the seat properly.

Thanks, Gavin

1992 comanche base, 4.0L

You have a cable? I just had a piece of wire...looked stock. Seems like you could tighten it up. It's really rather easy to remove the MJ bench seat. Spray the runners with white lithium grease. Tighten up the wire...er, cable.

I just checked one I have leaning up against my shed. The cable is actually a wire looped at the driver's side and hooked at the passenger side. It runs unhindered without going through any rings. You could probably tighten up the hooked end but the wire is most likely going to stretch again. I would run a new wire or cable since it's so simple and inexpensive.

Yes the cable runs through the rings.

You could probably move the rings out from eachother an inch or so in both directions or add new rings further out thus taking up the slack.

As another said.......you'll need to remove the seat and clean and lube then adjust cable as described.

Edit:

BTW don't release the slider without securing it to the truck......you'll be tempted to see if it works while out.