New Fuel Pump Assembly????

I'm sure some exist somewhere, the problem is finding them. biggrin.png The part number is 4637184 (Stamped 52017559) and they fit only 91-92 MJs, all tanks. I was lucky finding a NOS unit for a spare on Ebay awhile back, but haven't seen once since.

An older sending unit from a Renix Jeep will not work correctly in the 91-92 HOs w/o modification since the signal polarity of the sender rheostat is opposite that of the HOs and the fuel gauge will read backwards.

I'm sure some exist somewhere, the problem is finding them. :D The part number is 4637184 (Stamped 52017559) for 1991 JEEP Grand ...and they fit only 91-92 MJs, all tanks. I was lucky finding a NOS unit for a spare on Ebay awhile back, but haven't seen once since.

An older sending unit from a Renix Jeep will not work correctly in the 91-92 HOs w/o modification since the signal polarity of the sender rheostat is opposite that of the HOs and the fuel gauge will read backwards.

Question about this. I have a fuel pump/sending unit assembly from a 91 mj HO I picked up a while back to keep as a "spare". Don't know if it was working (supposedly per the po it has a new fuel pump in it but?) or what size tank it was from. Will this 91 unit work in my 88 swb 4.0 if I swap the fuel gauge sending unit for the renix one that's in the tank now and working ?

Will this 91 unit work in my 88 swb 4.0 if I swap the fuel gauge sending unit for the renix one that's in the tank now and working ?

The 89 and 91 MJ 4.0s use the same fuel pump if this is what you are asking.

Will this 91 unit work in my 88 swb 4.0 if I swap the fuel gauge sending unit for the renix one that's in the tank now and working ?

The 89 and 91 MJ 4.0s use the same fuel pump if this is what you are asking.

88 model years also?..and is the in tank assembly from the 91 mj usable in the 88 except for the fuel gauge sending unit? Thanks for the help.

88 model years also?

Sorry, fat-fingered it. 88 and 91 4.0s use the same pump.

..and is the in tank assembly from the 91 mj usable in the 88 except for the fuel gauge sending unit? Thanks for the help.

You can use the 91 fuel gauge assembly in the 88, but depending on the tank size and the length of the float arm, it may not indicate correctly. Also the fuel gauge will read backwards unless you reverse the polarity of the potentiometer.

If by "tank assembly" you mean swapping the 91 tank into the 88, that depends on the size of the respective tanks.