JK flares on an MJ??

Has it been done?? i picked up a set for wicked cheap last night. Theyre wicked wide, and something i havent seen done yet. Theyll get chopped down a bit, but i need the coverage to keep the fuzz off my tail. Still unsure how I'm going to mount them. still in the process of ripping out the unnecessary JK inner fender crap.

X2 :agree:

i like these better than bushwackers, not as wide. still a bit to much tire coverage for my setup tho.

http://www.napierprecisionproducts.com/ ... -B-2DR.htm

ok thats a option, but those are $365 on sale. I got 4 JK fenders for $20; when i rip them off on a rock or whatever, i won't feel bad. when i get these on, ill put up some pics

Do we know if any one has fitted those V2 fender flares :hmm:

Look good

I,v been thinking of adding a 1" or 2 to my XJ ones ( FGlass)

Hey Cody,

The amount of trimming required is about the same as the XJ. So, attached is a copy of the Installation Guide. It is not MJ specific but will give a good idea of the amount of trimming. You can also look at this online installation write up by BC4x4.com: Project Expedition XJ

The actual fit of the fender flares to the Jeep is not 100% fine tuned at this point which means that it will take a bit of extra work to trim the fender flares to fit your MJ. With the age of our Jeeps, and the abuse they've seen, it's hard to get a perfect fit.

they're photo album

I thought that that the rear wheel well opening was larger on an MJ than an XJ? Either way $365 plus shipping for a flare that is not a "100% fit" is not a good deal IMHO. From the post: " The actual fit of the fender flares to the Jeep is not 100%" & "It is not MJ specific." $400 (with shipping on sale) flares are probably best left on the mall crawlers, anyway. Try replacing one if you actually do something jeep-ish with your MJ.

4 rear TJ flares look great on an MJ ( don't use the front's) and can be had for about $20 a piece if you damage one.

Here is a super quick super cheap TJ flare install by a guy who couldn't cut a straight line if his life depended on it:

$50, less than an hour's time, and 31's on a 2wd with no lift....

ok played with the rears. you can see the stock uncut fenders still in place. coverage is perfect with the wide rear axle and tires. first up is drivers side flare on the drivers side:

and next up is the passenger side flare on the drivers side of the truck; thoughts??

I thought that that the rear wheel well opening was larger on an MJ than an XJ?

2 door XJ flares work on MJ's. if you watch this video, it explains the trimming and how the rubber seal protects the paint and hides little gaps made from trimming.

tho $20 a tj flare may appeal to some, IMO they look like ARSE and i will take a ticket for inadequate tire coverage then make my rig tacky by being cheap :peek:

tho $20 a tj flare may appeal to some, IMO they look like ARSE and i will take a ticket for inadequate tire coverage then make my rig tacky by being cheap :peek:

Well, I sure have to agree with the cody-man on this one. No Way José would I do this.