Shock suggestions

any suggestions for shocks? I'm getting to that point where ive gotta figure out what i need to get for under my MJ. Ive got an SOA in the back and around 4.5" in the front.

what has worked well for you? what should i stay away from?

I like rancho 5000 shocks. They're fairly inexpensive and have a lifetime warranty. they're available at most autoparts stores. I measure out what i think i'll need and reference their charts.

http://www.gorancho.com/assets/catalog/ ... ations.pdf

i just bought some rs 5255 for my front with 4.5" lift using stock stud and the bar pin. I extended my bumpstops for my lift and tire combo. the shock has 10.5 inches of travel and i'm riding about in the center with that shock. my rears are rancho as well, don't recall which they were, but when you do an SOA you really need to measure out what length you need based on how you did your spring perches and your actual lift.

My soa netted 4.75" of lift with new MT springs (i used xj shackles and my spring stud is 1/16" off the axle.) I've seen and read of some getting almost 6.5" from and soa lift.

downsouthmotorsports.com has a good deal on a few bilsteins. once mine is back on the road I'm upgrading to fox 2.0 resivors. was going between bilstein 7100 and fox 2.0, downsouth sold me on the foxes for ease of rebuild/tune and part avalibility. i went from procomps to bilstein 5125 up front and there was a noticiable difference, i just want to be able to dial my shock in for the perfect ride so no more cheapos

I have the rancho whitebodys for 6.5" lift and my truck rides pretty nice and they're 12" travel. I have bpes up front and have about 4.5" uptravel. I think I paid 170 for all 4. I'm looking at getting the bilstien 7100s or Fox 2.0s 8)