Fuel pump just stopped working...

Replaced my EGR, started it a couple times to test and make sure the vacuum hoses were right, now I have no fuel pump. I replaced the tail light ground, cleaned the fuel pump relay, still don't hear the pump prime when I turn the key to 'on'.

One of those "it worked two minutes ago now it doesn't". :hmm:

The ground on the assembly is quite ugly but that's for the gauge, right?

If I do take the pump out, can I bench test it with the battery and some jumpers?

Well, I need to take it out anyway to solder in a new ground for the gauge.

If it works on the jumpers then it's gotta be the relay or harness. I may have a spare 5 point relay lying around, could I plug that it or is the relay specific?

You indicated you did not hear the pump prime when the key was turned on. Just for grins and giggles, when you leave the keyswitch on can you turn on the radio, or the blower? If neither of those items work I'd take a look at the ignition switch.

You indicated you did not hear the pump prime when the key was turned on. Just for grins and giggles, when you leave the keyswitch on can you turn on the radio, or the blower? If neither of those items work I'd take a look at the ignition switch.

Did not try that but the gauge lights comes on and i can hear other clicky things under the hood. It turns over and fires with starting fluid.

The ground on the assembly is quite ugly but that's for the gauge, right?

The ground is for the pump.

Ah.

So when I try to jumper this thing I need two grounds? One in the harness and one on the assembly?

Assembly needed a new ground. I drilled a hole, stuck in a bolt and a new ground connector. Gobbed it with gas proof rtv and an o-ring. I was hoping this would fix the gauge too but it didn't. It must be the float or something completely different.