Has anyone bought a new fuel tank?

Hey guys I had bought a new fuel tank and wondered if I got the wrong tank? Or a different fuel sending unit? I bought a 18gallon tank but a little label on my fuel sending unit shows it's a 23.5gallon tank.... But the one I bought was an exact match to the old rusted one... By the way I have. 88 4cyl 2.5 4x4

Thanks any help is useful

Well, first thing is first. You at least have the correct tank to mount up to your truck. There are plenty of occasions where people switch out the sender unit, but I haven't seen a difference in them. Did the fuel gauge accurately reflect the fuel level before you decided to replace the tank?

To be honest woth you my truck didnt even run when I got it and the fuel tank is rusted because of old gas and god knows what elae was in there...but I knew it was the fuel pumo but what I didnt know was the fuel pump were extra pcs attched to the actual unit...i mean I chaned the fuel oumo out of my 99gmc sonoma and figured it was the same and found out later it wasnt and luckily I didnt throw out the sending unit...but lately when I start the truck it shows empty nut once I move gorward or nackwars the needleobes back and forth I cleaned some grounds but no ise yet I figure iys the unit but it sucks that they don't make them amymorr