rear disks

I have an 8.25 in my Comanche; I took the disk brake assembly off of a 1995 Grand Cherokee with a Dana 35 rear...I opened up the centering hole, wallowed out the bolt holes a little bit and bolted it right up.

That being said, I LOVE my rear disks; they GREATLY improved the general drive-ability of the truck..especially if you take the jeep through any sort of muck.

I've only seen 2 so far in the pull-your-part type of junkyards. both were burned to a crisp and stripped of drivetrain. all I need is those silly 05+ sunviser clips, dang it! :fs1:

Imagine so, never tried that as I have never yet seen a Liberty in a junk yard.

If they do have one, they will not just sell the backing plates either. One guy got honestly pissed when I told him I wanted the backing plates. He told me I would have to buy the whole axle for 500 bucks. Some choice words where said and I told him he was out of his mind trying to get that much money outa a 8.25 and he hung up on me. That was the closest I got to set a Liberty backing plates besides her libby parked in the driveway.. :thwak:

I have the Dana 35 with 3.07 gearing. I started my 4wd conversion today and decided to replace my timing chain cover while I was at it, which slowed me down considerably. lots of brackets to remove and bolts to lose :mad: ...inserting the axle is hopefully the easiest part.