Dana RG&P

Went to a yard sale the other day. Husband died and wife was selling off everything of his. He was a Jeep junkie and the garage-back yard was full. Any Hoo I picked up a Dana Ring gear and pinion set, along with a bunch of other junk,,er,,parts, and would like to know what it fits. Any help appreciated.

Numbers taken off the parts.

Ring gears, 2 each

07 13 06 DANA D 2002674 W1L174 41 10

09 27 06 DANA D 2004651 P4L812 41 10

Pinions

DANA 2005025 D1 41 10 C1L 429 RF

DANA 2005117 D1 41 10 C1L 444 PB

Don? Anyone?

:dunno:

Hey Don. Thanks for looking. They were in a Superior gears box. Looks like he had swapped out gear sets. Gonna try and check out the Superior numbers on the boxes and see what I can come up with. You could tell these were used, dirty and greasy but no wear marks or chips. Last resort will be to take a couple rear ends and check for resemblance.

What diameter are the ring gears? Looking at the part numbers you listed, they all include "41 10" in them. My guess is the ring gears have 41 teeth, and the pinions have 10. 41 divided by 10 is (drum roll, please) ... 4.10. I'll take a wild guess that you have front and rear gears for 4.10 ratio.

What diameter are the ring gears? Looking at the part numbers you listed, they all include "41 10" in them. My guess is the ring gears have 41 teeth, and the pinions have 10. 41 divided by 10 is (drum roll, please) ... 4.10. I'll take a wild guess that you have front and rear gears for 4.10 ratio.

You are correct!

When was the switch to Gen II D44s? I believe the front is regardless a Gen I D44 with an 8.5" ring gear, the one we all know and love so well and should work for any older 44, while the rear could be a Gen II with an 8.8" ring gear. Anyway, one of them may be useful to you....

Here's a link from Dynatrac with some part numbers on it....hope it helps.

http://www.dynatrac.com/pdfs/New_Gen_D4 ... _chart.pdf