comfortable seats in MJ?

I have looked over the helpful article on using XJ seats in an MJ here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8093

and now I'm wondering about picking the best seat for the changeover.

What is the most comfortable . adjustable (lumbar support etc.) seat from the XJ that would work in this situation?

I have a 1987 MJ with buckets converting to buckets. I'm not very familiar with XJ levels and option packages but I'm hoping one of you out there is. I'm not mechanically challenged but I don't weld...that's why the above article sounded like a good option. AND I need a really good quality seat or my back will never make it in the MJ long term.

Thanks

Can't say I have too much experience in this subject. Had a buddy with a 92 Laredo Cherokee, and his seats were ok as far as comfiness went. But, they were 20 years old after all. If you're looking for some quality support, it won't be from any used 84-96 Cherokee seats, I can tell you that. '97 and up may be a different story though.

If you're gung-ho about using XJ buckets, find some from an upscale model (Laredo, Pioneer etc) that match what interior you have and just shell out the cash to have them professionally re-upholstered. I've heard others have done that with nice results. :cheers:

Redrocker... Thanks. I was thinking XJ seats were my only option.

Shelbyluvv... This is exactly what I was looking for! I can handle all of the process I'm pretty sure. Are the tilt brackets just out of a '97 or later two door XJ or are there other options?

Thanks shelbyluvv...

my86mj - Are you talking about seats from your XJ? My understanding is that the issue with XJ seats IS the seat bracket and that's why you sit much higher. That's why i want to move to an XJ seat with the MJ bracket as outlined in the forum article in my first post. Sorry, just didn't quite get what you're saying.

I just have regular old 2 door XJ seats...they looked like crap at the JY, but they cleaned up real nice, are very comfortable and tilt forward to boot. A little fabbing on the mounts but they work great...and I have a boney a$$.