JKS adjustable control arms street characteristics

I'm looking to acquire some adjustable upper control arms and of course started at JKS. However I think they may have changed their design lately and it brings questions regarding street driving.

Their adjustable control arms are not locked in place, so you set them to length then grease them and they're allowed to rotate to increase articulation and reduce prevent twisting. So my question is does anyone have this style, have they always been this style, and did you notice any uncomfortable road handling?

Currently I have stock uppers, rusty's adj lowers.

It will be very similar to a stock setup.

because the stock u beam arms already twist so much?

So would that imply that other manufactures that make them rigid or with a jamb nut would be stiffer?

I have had 8 JKS arms on my TJ since 05.

JKS has made a few slight changes in their arms over the years, but the same basic design has remained unchanged. I bought new arms for my MJ and they were almost identical to the original arms I purchased years ago.

You will not notice any change in the handling characteristics of your truck with only changing to JKS.

Why are you looking at JKS if you already run Rustys on the lowers?

JKS allows the arm to pivot while most manufactures have a joint at the axle, frame, or both ends of the arm where the pivot occurs.

I have had 8 JKS arms on my TJ since 05.

JKS has made a few slight changes in their arms over the years, but the same basic design has remained unchanged. I bought new arms for my MJ and they were almost identical to the original arms I purchased years ago.

You will not notice any change in the handling characteristics of your truck with only changing to JKS.

Why are you looking at JKS if you already run Rustys on the lowers?

JKS allows the arm to pivot while most manufactures have a joint at the axle, frame, or both ends of the arm where the pivot occurs.

I went with rusty's due to cost for the lowers at the time. I've got a little extra right now and know the jks is supposed to be superior. I'm going to be going up another 3/4" up front now and will need uppers so I'm exploring my options. My rusty's have OEM bushings at both ends with a jamb nut at the adjustment to prevent movement. I'm just debating if i'd be better off going jks on the uppers or if i should just stick with rusty's

• 2 months later...

I ended up purchasing JKS uppers over rusty's simply because I ended up getting them cheaper after shipping. I purchased several things through 4wd.com and received a discount and free shipping.

I've completed the install of the jks arms. While doing so I extended the lower's 1/2" over what's listed in the diy section. I installed a set of JKS ACOS and some Rancho shocks replacing the rusty's shocks.

I think the on road characteristics so far with the JKS arms is much better. I've yet to go out and bury the speedo, but up to 65 it's smooth as glass.

I like the JKS over the rusty's for the added flex and still retaining using factory bushings.

you have a build thread pr some pics of your rig?

I don't have a build thread, I was probably going to do something like a couple of others have done, wait until it's 99% done (painted is the last thing to make it 99%)then post 3 years worth of trial and error :)

Current stance :

422355_3884674869984_1101939865_n.jpg

Install:

552721_3884673749956_693281587_n.jpg