No spark from coil?

Went to move my truck the other day after it not moving for about 3 months. Fuel pump works, engine cranking but not turning over. After checking several things, I found I'm not getting spark from the coil. Any ideas or quick fixes? This can be temporary fixes or whatever, I just need to move it from behind the garage to inside the garage. I can push it but that gets really old really quick.

I had a similar issue, I don't remember if i didn't have spark out of the ICM or just out of the distributor, but my issue was the wires that go to the CPS not the one on the bell housing the one in the distributor http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Eng ... Stator.htm

anyways one of those wire had been pulled loose. I pushed them back in and it started. Pretty much if it sat for too long assume an animal got up in there and pulled on your wires. I'd kinda check all the essential connections...

Try this:

Renix Jeep ICU/Coil contact refreshing

The contacts between the coil and the ICU on your Renix Jeep can become corroded and loose causing a complete or intermittent no-start condition. I recommend the following procedure as a maintenance precaution to insure this is eliminated as a possible cause now and in the future.

The coil is attached to the ICU by two T20 Torx bolts. Remove these two bolts and lift the coil up off the ICU. You will see 2 pins and 2 sets of contacts. Clean both the pins and springy contact pieces with a good electronics cleaner.

Squeeze the springy contacts closer together with some needlenose pliers. Apply some dielectric grease to the contacts and bolt the coil back on to the ICU.

While you’re right there unplug the connectors from the ICU and inspect the pins in the harness connector. Make sure the pins are not retracted into the connector. Spray out the connector and the receptacle of the ICU with the same good electronics cleaner you used earlier. Apply dielectric grease to the connectors and plug them back in.

I feel this procedure should be performed at least once in the lifetime of a Renix Jeep.

Revised 11-29-2011

Try this:

Renix Jeep ICU/Coil contact refreshing

The contacts between the coil and the ICU on your Renix Jeep can become corroded and loose causing a complete or intermittent no-start condition. I recommend the following procedure as a maintenance precaution to insure this is eliminated as a possible cause now and in the future.

The coil is attached to the ICU by two T20 Torx bolts. Remove these two bolts and lift the coil up off the ICU. You will see 2 pins and 2 sets of contacts. Clean both the pins and springy contact pieces with a good electronics cleaner.

Squeeze the springy contacts closer together with some needlenose pliers. Apply some dielectric grease to the contacts and bolt the coil back on to the ICU.

While you’re right there unplug the connectors from the ICU and inspect the pins in the harness connector. Make sure the pins are not retracted into the connector. Spray out the connector and the receptacle of the ICU with the same good electronics cleaner you used earlier. Apply dielectric grease to the connectors and plug them back in.

I feel this procedure should be performed at least once in the lifetime of a Renix Jeep.

Revised 11-29-2011

She fired right up!!! Thanks for the help!

Yea there was a lot of dirt in there, not sure how it got there, But I blew it out with an air gun, gave the contacts a little squeeze and cleaned them up and it fired up first try almost instantly!