Clank in front end?

I was driving home from school today when a truck cut me off causing me to swerv and slam on my brakes. Then after I noticed when I turned it felt like I ha a bad wobble in the front. It was literally shaking my steering wheel wanting to straighten back up. I pulled over thinking I maybe had a flat. No flat tire so I kept driving and when I turn my wheels I hear a lot of clanks and clunks. I got under my truck and it look like I have a new leak from where my front driveshaft comes from the t case. Could this be causing a weird clank and jerk. What should I do and where should I take it to be looked at? Thanks!

have someone saw the steering wheel back and forth while you inspect the steering linkages and the trac bar (especially the trac bar).

not sure on the oil leak. could just be coincidence. :dunno:

Everything in the suspension looked good and tight so I took it to a shop and they believe it is the left front u joint. It has always had some play, they said its just getting worse. Any input on that? I will get some pictures tomorrow of the leak also. How hard would it be to change that by yourself and what do you think a shop would charge? Thanks, John Paul

This is the supposed culprit:

I'm wondering how it would be to change out myself. The joint itself is $10. Seems fair to me. I'm just iffy on pulling the brakes and all. I'm going to see if someone would do it but I doubt it's cheap. This is the seal I just noticed blown:

Your on here to learn,... best way I've found to "learn something" is by doing it.

My suggestion is research, gather parts and tools, enlist the help of your Jeepin buddy and have at it.

Getting the unit bearing off is only a b##### if you let it be, (needs more research).

The U-joint can be dealt with numerous ways, again, research to make it easy for you.

Sounds like you could deal with the rest easy enough, I suggest save the coin and do it yourself.