fender trimming and wheel rub issues

fender cutting. i hate it and i think its the ugliest thing since canopies :fs1: . but as i am getting 15x10 cragars and going for the trophy truck look how can i trim my fenders without making it look like it was done in a highschool metal shop. not a fan of bushwacker flares the factories look the best. any suggestions? i got my wheels and measuring everything out i noticed any sort of turning will result in contact.

4 inch backspacing on 15x10 cragars. so they have a bit of lip on em. I'm planning on using my already fitted 31x10.5x15 bridgestones. with the stupid mustang wheels it fits but rubs some suspension components. so i opted for some wheels with quite a bit more negative offset. i may have gone quite a bit too far in the right direction,

My dad had 10 inch rims with 10.5 inch wide tires and it just didn't look right. :agree:

Looks is minor. It's far too easy to blow the bead when the rim is as wide as the widest part of the tire. For example, I just looked up the specs on a Goodyear Wrangler "SilentArmor." For a 31x10.50-15 they recommend rims from 7.0" to 9.0" and they base their specs on the use of an 8.5" rim. Ditto for the Wrangler SR-A.

well i was planning on swapping the tires over tomorrow. until now. I'm going to swap 2 over to see what happens if it appears that I'm pissing up a rope then i will wait it out on my dreaded enkei/mustang wheels until i can find some 33x12.5s after the lift of course :D

so i got the wheels mounted and everything actually turned out better than i expected. trimmed the fenders a little bit but not huge gaping hole wheeler status. here's the before picture with my old worn out wildcat 31x10.5x15 and stupid enkei 15x8s , and here's the after with my new cragars 15x10 and my bridgestones 31x10.5x15 you can kind of tell there is stretching but not too bad actually.

i trimmed the fenders for turning not flex so the on road handling is pretty good. i have 3 inch coils sitting in the shop along with some warrior 2inch shackles and I'm waiting for my rough country shocks to show up. its not really a wheeler. i run it through a field and a forest every once in a while not any hardcore wheeling so flex isnt the biggest issue. this summer I'm planning on front and rear fender bulges from rustys off road so it should all be good jamminz.gif