weird sound nobody can figure out.

So here's to hoping that describing a sound will have better results then the countless people that can actually hear it have given me.... Sort of like a constant wooshing sound coming from underneath. Only while moving. Doesn't get louder or softer with speed. Had all breaks checked, both diff fluids changed. Tranny and transfer case all changed. No play in u joints. Do have exhaust leak(s) but that's a different sound. One parking brake cable gives me trouble but don't think that's it. Hoping that its not a rear wheel bearing.... Heard you have to remove axle to change them..... Ideas? Maybe tire road noise? Drives me nuts!!!

even if there is no play in your U-joints they could still be on their way out. I know from experience that as they go bad they start making a phantom noise, barely noticiable at first, but as they continue to wear it becomes more and more pronounced until it is obvious that something is about to give out.

have you tried to isolate the noise? is it constant or pulsing?

are you losing any fluids at all?

Just a guess, but this could have something do with the transmission fluid you're finding under the console. You might wanna think about taking it to a transmission shop, they could track down the leak for you for a minimal charge and do a test drive to check out the noise.

I have had a ton of transmission work done on this thing. Replaced slave and master (twice) and replaced a line or two. Would that be something that they took off when they dropped the tranny to get to slave? Trying to remember if this noise came before or after I had all the work done....

Well I was thinking it was an automatic. There's no way you should have standard transmission fluid up under the console.

What are you using for fluid in the transmission, is it a BA/10 or AX-15?

Sorry! Should have specified. Not sure witch one I have. It's an 89 pioneer. I6 4x4 long bed if that helps. I can't remember what weight we used but I used a bottle of Lucas transmission fluid then topped it off with whatever alldata calls for. I just can't remember the weight. I know it wasn't like 80/90 it was higher numbers.... Sorry!

Check your steering knuckles, I'll bet you will find indentions where your brake pads rest. The pad will embed itself over time, once the indention is make the pad will not reset or relax and will rub the rotor causing that swoooshing sound.

Check your steering knuckles, I'll bet you will find indentions where your brake pads rest. The pad will embed itself over time, once the indention is make the pad will not reset or relax and will rub the rotor causing that swoooshing sound.good.

would like to know more about the wooshing sound.