Happy New Year

Eagle

Happy New Year, Comanche people.

My new years resolution is to do my utmost to sabotage all your plans, and to preserve as many of these wonderful trucks as possible in pristine, showroom condition. :D

Thanks for the warning about trying to preserve my trail rig, but I think you might be a lil too late. Especially since we started to cut the frame yesterday :shock:

I think my one redeeming factor should be, that I am willing to sell my street MJ, before I end up doing the same thing to it. Needless to say once I go full width, I wil have another set of axles that will need a home :twisted:

BTW Happy New Year, and may God Bless you and your family in the coming year.

Patrick

Hey Eagle, I have a new plan that you might like. I know that eventually I will have to replace my 88, whether it dies from an accident, rollover, or simply rusts out from underneath me. Previously I was just going to hunt down another rusted-out 2wd, but after seeing the MJs in Florida junkyards, I have now decided that I will seek out a death-row MJ from a junkyard to donate my future body/frame. All the benefits of 0% rust, but none of the moral stress of cutting up another MJ. :D

Jeep on!

--Pete

Good plan, Pete, and one I can whole-heartedly endorse. It's sad to know that there are scores of basically solid MJs sitting in junkyards all over the country. Even if they're too badly damaged to be made street legal again (or at least not "nice"), many would be excellent candidates for trail rigs. I know of one yard in Massachusetss that at last count had five or six (minus a couple of flares and tailgates ... heh, heh).

I bought a straight and running '86 4-cyl from a yard just down the street. Not much wrong with it at all, but they had already turned in the title as salvage so I have some work ahead to get it legally titled and tagged. It's not that I needed another MJ ... I just couldn't let it go to the crusher.

If it makes you feel better Eagle I promise to avoid body damage to my MJ. It's just too nice to beat up, so no crazy wheeling for me. I even want to get a stck rear bumper instead of the roll pan, so I should be your best friend now. I'll trade you the roll pan for a bumper w/ mounts :)

If it makes you feel better Eagle I promise to avoid body damage to my MJ. It's just too nice to beat up, so no crazy wheeling for me. I even want to get a stck rear bumper instead of the roll pan, so I should be your best friend now. I'll trade you the roll pan for a bumper w/ mounts :)

Hah! I live in Connecticut, where they use salt on the roads. I have yet to encounter a New England MJ with a factory rear bumper that didn't look like Swiss cheese mated with tissue paper.