Comanche truggy

Hey guys, I recently bought a new daily driver and I don't really need the comanche any more, but instead of selling it I thought about making it an offroad only buggy. Take the box off, Maybe a cage, eventually bigger tires. I've never really seen anything like this, has anyone done it or have any pics of it? I'd like to do a SOA in the rear but then what needs to be done at the front? The truck already has a 4" lift on it with 31s. I know a guy that has some 37s for really cheap, but I'm going to need a new axle before that happens.

Thanks

Here is a truggy project that my son and I are working on for inspiration. I bought this jeep 5 years ago and daily drove it for 2 years until I was rear ended in a car accident. The right frame rail cracked and split at the cab. Due to the rot and damage, We cut the frame off flush at the back of the cab and started over.

Wheel base will be 108 inches. 35 inch bfg KM1. 8 lug 79 ford dana 44 and 8 lug 79 ford dana 60.

3 link front with a panhard and a upper triangulated 4 link for the rear.

2008822250089878630S600x600Q85.jpg

2532902610089878630S600x600Q85.jpg

Hey guys, I recently bought a new daily driver and I don't really need the comanche any more, but instead of selling it I thought about making it an offroad only buggy. Take the box off, Maybe a cage, eventually bigger tires. I've never really seen anything like this, has anyone done it or have any pics of it? I'd like to do a SOA in the rear but then what needs to be done at the front? The truck already has a 4" lift on it with 31s. I know a guy that has some 37s for really cheap, but I'm going to need a new axle before that happens.

Thanks

You can probably do this by saw-zalling the body ( most truggys are pretty cut up anyway) without any additional lift above the 4" you already have but you may need to limit up travel if it becomes an issue. If you SOA you need stock rear springs to give you 5" +/- of lift. If you have 4" lift springs instead you would be over 9" of lift. If you do the SOA rear with stock springs ( or the add a leaf/shackle combo removed if that is how your rear is lifted now) axles you can then add one of the many .75" to 2" ( as needed) front spacers available to the top of your current front lift springs to even it out on the cheap.

Minor trimming on the body and the TJ flares got me this much room on an stock 2wd ( 1" lower than a 4wd) MJ. Those are 31x10.5's on it with no lift at all. There was a lot left to cut had I wanted to.