Oil pan leak

2wd should be easy. Be aware of the following before you actually start work on the oil pan gasket should you decide to buy:

I'd be looking up above first. A leak at the back of the valve cover could produce the same symptoms. Don't jump on the RMS/oil pan gasket bandwagon just yet.

Almost any oil leak on your 4.0 is gonna drip from the RMS area for 2 simple reasons. First off, the engine sits nose-up and oil will run back to that area. Secondly, the RMS area is also the lowest point on the engine. Simple physics and the old plumber's adage apply here. "$hit flows downhill".

Valve cover gasket, oil pressure sending unit, oil filter adapter seals and distributor gasket have to be eliminated as possibilities first.

Well it sold already....shoot! Thanks for the comments tho

My thinking is that I don't even seriously LOOK at something unless I have cash in hand. Then I call right away. Even if someone is on there way to go look at it, I will speed to beat them there. don't even really look at it in front of the owner if its something you want, pay your cash, load it on the trailer (in my case) and blow outa there. Stop to get some refreshment down the street and give the truck a good once over. Thats what I do when I get serious about something. :thumbsup: