2" lift coils/Metric Tonne leafs

I know this has been beat to death but do Metric Ton leafs give any sort of lift when installed in a standard MJ?

Only by way of the fact that the springs are stiffer and so the weight of the bed compresses them less. It does not change the spring travel or anything like that though, meaning it won't go higher or lower than the stock non-MT springs. It will just ride higher for any given payload, which will make it look like a small lift, especially if your old springs were worn and sagging.

Anybody make them besides OME? Sorry dudes, I guess I have a problem with 'pucks!'

OME is the only company that I am aware of that makes a 1.5-2.5" lift coil.

I know Moog makes a HD coil that may give you a little lift, but I don't know if it'll give you a full 2" or not.

-Adam

I have often wondered about using a set of TJ lift coils for a small MJ lift. Since the stock springs on a XJ/MJ are longer than a stock TJ coil, shouldn't you be able to run a taller lift coil designed for a TJ and net less lift on the MJ.

I think a TJ 3" coil should yield about 2" of lift on a MJ. I would really love to run the Currie progressive rate 4" TJ coils on my 92 for about 3" lift. I have never done this, but in theory, it should work.

What I'm attempting to do is clear 245/75/15s with as little of a lift as possible on a 2wd. Hoping for 2 inches of lift and a level stance. Also I hope to be able to tow a nice size fishing boat, hence the metric ton springs. Truck is getting a HP30 and a 8.25 with disc brakes; it will be staying 2wd till I figure out what the heck I want to do for a trans.

Any body carry non adjustable control arms for 0-2 inches of lift, besides using stockers? I'm having trouble finding fixed length control arms for a rig with less then a 3" suspension. No, stockers are not a option!

What I'm attempting to do is clear 245/75/16s with as little of a lift as possible on a 2wd. Hoping for 2 inches of lift and a level stance. Also I hope to be able to tow a nice size fishing boat, hence the metric ton springs. I fit these wheels/tires on a stock 4x XJ with no rubbing. Truck is getting a HP30 and a 8.25 with disc brakes; it will be staying 2wd till I figure out what the heck I want to do for a trans.

Any body carry non adjustable control arms for 0-2 inches of lift, besides using stockers? I'm having trouble finding fixed length control arms for a rig with less then a 3" suspension. No, stockers are not a option!

I emailed a few places about the control arms. Sounds like Rusty's are made to order. Guess Ill see what I can find.

IF 245/75R15 actually exists, it is a very uncommon size.

Are you sure you're not thinking of 245/75R16, which is a very common size?

Yep thats what I meant :oops:

original post edited, new info added.