Anyone here know FSJ stuff? Particularly D44 front axle....

yellaheep

I need to fix a D44 front axle. It needs new shafts. It's under a modified XJ and I don't know what FSJ it came from specifically.

Apparently the shafts I need are kinda rare. I'm told this axle was made only for 1980-1981 jeep trucks but part numbers often show application for '80-'92....... What I do know is the lengths.

Anyone have these? Or know what FSJs I can look for with these?

Jeep Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer 80-92 30 Short Left 15.80" 5-760X

Jeep Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer 80-92 30 Long Right 32.12" 5-760X

The J-series and wide-track FSJ Cherokees ( think of the Cherokee Chief with factory fender flares) used one axle width and it is wider than the Wagoneer and narrow-track Cherokees ( no flares). They are not that super rare but you do need FSJ "wide track" axle shafts that aren't as plentiful as the FSJ narrow track shafts. If it is a driver's drop axle swapped into the XJ the donor axle was from an '80-'83 W/T Chero or an '80 to '88 J-truck and if it is passenger drop (they changed the XJ t-case, too, then) the donor was from a '79 to about '74. Rear axle differences are even greater as the pumpkin off-set was dictated by the factory transfer case.

If the donor that they are calling a "truck" is actually a N/T FSJ ( these axles were never available in the actual J10 or J20 "truck" ) than you can use FSJ N/T axles. The N/T axle is about 58" WMS-WMS while the W/T are about 63" WMS-WMS. Some people call CJ's and XJ's "trucks" :roll: so who knows for sure? The axle shafts you list: Jeep Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer 80-92 30 Short Left 15.80" 5-760X & Jeep Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer 80-92 30 Long Right 32.12" 5-760X were never OEM in a truck.

Again, front Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer/Cherokee N/T FSJ narrow-track inner axle shafts WILL NOT work in a FSJ W/T housing!