Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors

AMCJeepMJ

So, on our Escape, the Uniroyals which we have had on for the past 5 years were beginning to show advanced signs of High Mileage. This week we put a set of 235/70/16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor on and they have so far been a pleasure to have on the rig.

Pretty quiet [can still hear em, tho], beefy tread, stiffer sidewalls than the Unis, and has allowed us to get through what I thought was an unpassable road due to snow. And they look pretty good to boot.

I like em! :thumbsup: Now looking to replace my summer Conti-Cross branded tires [which suck] with a set on the MJ.

Flushed the old brake fluid on the Ford today which required taking off a rear tire, which resulted in pics:

I lalalalooooveee these tires. I have a set of 31x10.5r15s to go on my MJ on a set of Dwindow rims, they ride really nice and hold their own off road as long as you don't expect too much from them.

I'd describe them as an aggressive highway tire. My experience with them has been excellent, and they wear great. I'm not so sure what kind of experiences Automan has has had, but my brother in law put a set of them on a Bravada almost 5 years ago now...my sister in law is still driving on them. They're about half worn down by now.

I have them on my MJ too. I plan to put them on my tahoe when needed. I was not too happy with them originally. I was getting steering wheel shake at 40mph. The mechanic said it was the tires and they wouldnt balance correctly. I didnt realize he was a dufus at the time so I believed him. A former coworker of mine put them on a full size ram. I thought he said he got almost 60k out of them. Regardless, he replaced them with another set. I've been very happy with them on the MJ.