Attention Developer - Favicon

BryGuy

yup, we're behind in updates. waaaaayyyyyy behind. a while back we tried to update using the closest patch and it resulted in an very unstable and completely unusable forum. I've been working with our hosts to find a solution, but so far nothing has showed any promise. that's why I think converting to another software might be our best bet. if the transition goes reasonably smoothly, we'd instantly get all the upgrades and updates that guys have been asking for and I should no longer have to weed through 50+ spammers a day to manually approve the real people hidden amongst them. win-win. :D

and I imagine we could always convert back to phpbb if there really were that much outrage over change. :dunno:

Every time I have tried to do hop skip and jump upgrades of phpBB it usually results in that. This is why whenever we acquire an older phpBB site at work we just convert to IPB since it saves hassle.

Best way to curb people that are not comfortable with change is to provide a preview(screenshots) of the new site ahead of time.

Spam protection is really nice. It reduces our content team's work load fairly significantly.

I'm assuming we'd have to be switched over to the appropriate server first? or would this test be done on a separate server?

I can setup a test on my server, but I would need a database dump for that. Not sure how people feel about sending a database dump that contains username/passwords to an outside person.

If you two want, you are welcome to register on my site and I can set you both up as admins so you can check out the software first before doing a test.

http://www.nonamestudios.com/

From an admin standpoint, it does look very user friendly in the bones of the system. Looks like you need to update some stuff though... :D Do you have a site that is similarly setup in forum style/layout as Comanche Club?

Rob

From an admin standpoint, it does look very user friendly in the bones of the system. Looks like you need to update some stuff though... :D Do you have a site that is similarly setup in forum style/layout as Comanche Club?

Rob

I have my site in development mode so it constantly spits those red error messages. Kind of annoying! I really do not have any other themes installed right. I had one previously, but I desperately needed to update the software. The theme had not yet been updated so I switched to the default IPB theme.

Guess I should have been more clear... I know your site isn't setup like CC, but do you know of one similarly setup? One of the biggest hurdles will be to ease everyone in, and not shell shock the forum with an all new shebang.

Rob

Guess I should have been more clear... I know your site isn't setup like CC, but do you know of one similarly setup? One of the biggest hurdles will be to ease everyone in, and not shell shock the forum with an all new shebang.

Rob

Not very similar, but this does show off a few premade themes. Default dark theme, but you can change it at the very bottom with the "Change Theme" link.

http://forums.zybez.net/