Where is the best place to buy donor jeep xj

I went to my local junk yard to just look at the xj and mj but they where all pick to death. I'm looking for a donor xj because i want to do a 4wd conversion and change the interior also I look on craigslist but the xj are to expensive. i wish i could buy a wreaked one or something but a don't know what to do any ideas??? :popcorn:

Let me help you here.

You get to drive donor, big plus to check parts.

Swap axle, trans, TC, linkage. Rape for known good parts, alt, starter, battery, etc..........

Sell stack light grill only available to the Wagoneer........maybe $100-$150

Scrap body.......and your front axle and 2wd trans........weight........maybe $300

Sell good rear axle........check is Tracloc........maybe $100

By the time you get done your swap cost you maybe $200 or less.

Let me help you here.

You get to drive donor, big plus to check parts.

Swap axle, trans, TC, linkage. Rape for known good parts, alt, starter, battery, etc..........

Sell stack light grill only available to the Wagoneer........maybe $100-$150

Scrap body.......and your front axle and 2wd trans........weight........maybe $300

Sell good rear axle........check is Tracloc........maybe $100

By the time you get done your swap cost you maybe $200 or less.

My logic exactly.

I just bought a 96 XJ 4x4 donor for my 2wd one earlier this week. Found it on a local forum for $600 and made a 4 hour round trip with a trailer to pick it up.

Body is so badly shot it's not safe to drive (I did take my chances on a few hundred yard test drive, though), as there are no floors, a 3 foot section of frame rail is missing and the rest of the frame is rust held together by the rust proofing. I can move the trailer hitch up and down by hand, and the bumper and what's left of the load floor moves with it....

But it runs great, shifts great, has an after market steering box brace, brand new still in box steering stabilizer on the passenger seat and a brand new air filter. Power locks, power windows, cruise and AC all work great.

I figure keeping both what I need and what I want, selling what is sellable and scrapping the rest I should make the entire $600 back.