Rockdrummer93's '99 MJ Trail Rig Build

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears you went from chrome trim around window to the rubber seal.  Looks nice and clean.  Was that requested by you or just part of the job that do?  Any info tidbits would appreciated.

Looking good and having fun following.

It appears you went from chrome trim around window to the rubber seal.  Looks nice and clean.  Was that requested by you or just part of the job that do?  Any info tidbits would appreciated.

Looking good and having fun following.

That was requested. I actually had them install a 1999 XJ window because of the rubber seal. I had to do this because the place I had it done at said that everything comes in a kit so since the older ones didn't have the rubber seal it wouldn't come with it. and since I am doing a '99 swap I just had them put in a '99 window

Look'n good.!! I did the same interior swap. I got lucky my downer was a 2dr, buckets fold forward, makes for easy storage behind them. 

Ron

thanks! yeah I had a set of 2dr seat hinges but probably not going to end up using them.. Idk I might though, we'll see.

Got a few things done the last few days. First off I lined the bed. Did it with some rust-oleum roll in bed liner, turned out pretty good. Also got the carpet cut box carpeted. Just need to mount it in so it won't move. And last I replaced the tie rod. Hoping to have it done in the next few days.

• 5 weeks later...

why :nuts:  :shake:  :dunno:

I know and I miss her already! but I couldn't afford two Jeeps and I made more then double my money selling it.. I will build another one day but being a full time college student, just doesn't seem logical. With the lack of an extra Jeep I'll have more time for school and my XJ.

I would have kept the MJ because XJ's are a dime a dozen 

I know I know.. but I have way much more in my XJ.. If I didn't have so much in it I wouldn't have to think twice about keeping the manche and selling the XJ but I didn't really feel like starting over with a Jeep when I had one that was pretty much where I want it, But again there will be another one later down the road. I love these trucks and always will.. Just need to get through school and get a real job so I can actually afford it.

• 3 years later...

For those who enjoyed this build I finally picked up another comanche last weekend. I missed owning this one ever since I sold it that since I am now in a somewhat better situation I picked up another. Gonna have this new one more of a DD/mild trail rig and be able to drive it a decent bit. So if you're still subscribed to this thread move on over to my new thread where I will be more than likely attempting another 97+ swap along with taking it a little further than this build here..