ba-10 to ax15 help

so my 89 comanche sometimes doesn't like to go into gear. it has a ba-10 in it now. i have an ax-15 out of an 89 wrangler. I'm going to be pulling the ba-10 down soon and i would like to put the ax-15 in. i believe both have internal slaves and i know the wrangler transfercase is clocked up more. i would like to know if there is any other parts that will be needed to switch them out.

You'll need an AX-15 crossmember, and AX-15 XJ/MJ 4wd linkages.

BA 10/5 and AX-15 are the same length, so your driveshafts will be fine. Since the AX-15 is an 89, the pilot bearing will be the same size as the BA 10/5.

You might want to consider replacing the torx bolts on the top of the bellhousing. It'll run you like $2 and if you ever have to yank the trans again, you'll thank yourself.

The clutch is the same but the slave cylinder tubing is bent differently. It will still work but you may have to bend them a little especially if you want the rubber bushing to fit.

good to know! but sounds a bit scary to me.

Didnt see it noted but your gonna need to use your original flywheel so your cps will still read correctly. Stock clutch kit will work but you will need to remove your pilot bearing and install a pilot 'bushing' from a 70's CJ with the 304 V8.

Unless thAt year is the same? Not sure about snout differences there.

My added advice to that is to get thatbushing machined down some in length. I searched and searched but found no mention of having to do this and so I didnt. I believe its just a little too long and sticks out a hair too much and half convinced its the noise i hear on occassion.

You will need to splice your reverse lights in as well.