axle and gear question

I will Finally be getting the D44 from dads MJ but he needs an axle for his mj so i have 2 options..

1st is a D35 with 3.07 gears (from My Blue MJ 4.0 5 Speed)

2nd is a D35 with 4.56 gears (from the engineless trannyless red mj 2.5 auto)

dads mj is a auto with the 4.0. would it be ok if i put the 3.07 axle on his MJ or should i put the 4.56 instead?

we are planning to sell His MJ to pay some bills, and at the moment it is a lawn ordainment we haven't had any time to work on it or the other Jeeps so we decided to clear out the yard.

sadly its 2wd but we have a 4wd donor for it..

the original plan was to use the donor's 4wd tranny and 242 TC in the black MJ and the Donors 4.0 engine in the Red MJ with Blacks original 2wd Tranny. But now dad is working 7 days a week with 12 hour shifts so he has no time and i work 5 days a week but end up doing something other than working on the jeeps on the weekends..

I guess with 3.07 gears i can say it will get good gas mileage on the highway lol

sadly its 2wd but we have a 4wd donor for it..

If you're going to sell it, why would you even consider doing all the work necessary to convert it to 4WD?

The 3.07 axle will be fine behind a 4.0L and automatic. In fact, in my not-so-humble opinion if Jeep had needed to use 3.07 gears on something, they should have been mated to the automatic rather than the 5-speed.