ax-15 to AW4 in 88 comanche

Long story short....

88 comanche, originally was 2wd and BA-10.

Now its 4wd with an AX15.

Basically I think the trans I put in has bad syncros, shifts really stiff and clunks and clanks and honestly I don't trust it for a minute. I built this jeep with adventures in mind, last thing I need is to get stuck in the middle of nowhere cos something happened to my questionable trans!!!!

I like a 5 speed, but I'm not attatched to it. I have access to a couple different AW4s but I'm wondering what all I am going to need to convert it?

Entire new harness? Or just a sub harness for the trans and PCM? Any links to write-ups would be helpful.

anyone have links or know where to find a wiring diagram for an 88 comanche? I need the TCU pinout, I have a FSM and haynes but neither have the actual pinouts. I also have a FSM wiring diagram for an 86 year MJ, but that was pre 4.0 so it doesnt have what I need!

From what I'm gathering about swapping in the trans is if I can get access to a harness (jy) I know it goes from the trans (2 plugs) to the TCM (1 plug) them wires that go to parts within the engine harness. Would it wrong to just take the harness and unplug from the trans and the TCM, then cut the wires going to the engine harness and re splice them into my harness? I really didn't want to replace the entire harness, sounds like a recipe for disaster, my MJ runs GREAT and i don't want to jeapordize that!

I'm doing this swap myself. My question is the firewall pinout differences between an '87 with BA 10/5 and a '90 XJ 4.0L with AW4. I got rid of the C101 connector but didn't think is there was a firewall pinout difference and I'd like to know before I put a battery in the truck in the next couple weeks.