budget lift question

So I'm working on my lift for my comanche, so far ive gotten 4.5" lift coils and upper and lower rubicon express arms for $100

did a SOA with a Chrysler 8.25 axle. made the rear shocks work. found some extended brake lines off of other cars

but i was wondering if anyone knows where i could get some front shocks, or what vehicle would fit my comanche for my 5.5 inch lift?

I went through the Gabriel master shock catalog and got the longest shocks with the correct ends on it. They are from some 80s Toyota passenger car and are VERY soft. Comfortable ride, but be careful not to bottom them out when going over moguls too fast.

IIRC, stock Comanche front shocks go from 13 1/8" compressed to 20 5/8" extended.

Gabriel #81440 go from 14 5/8" compressed to 24 5/8" extended, but you have to take the bar pins out of the bottom of your old shocks and put them into the new ones. Autozone sells Gabriel shocks, don't what other parts stores do.

I run these shocks myself with a 2.5" stud extensions on top with 4.5" lift front springs with a 1.75" spacer on top of them.

You're also going to need a longer track bar and do something about your sway bar links.

control arms are in! just waiting to put the coils in. kinda messed up my shoulder so progress will be a little slower:(

mvusse: thanks for the info! what are the 2.5" stud extensions that your talking about? i will definetly look into it.

where is the best place to get a adj. track bar?

Stud extensions screw onto the top of your front shocks to make them longer. They used to be available everywhere for like $4 or $5 and I still had them laying around from when I put lift blocks under my F100 I used to have (rear shocks had the same studs on top as our front ones). Currently they're pretty hard to find and where I still do see them they're $20 or more. If you're only lifted 4.5" in the front you shouldn't need them with those shocks. If you go higher you may be better off buying aftermarket shocks.