AHH Ebrake blows Brake fuse

AHH got another one i can't finger out...

86 2.5L

5 speed

Every time i apply the Ebrake my Brake light fuse pops...i unpluged the ebrake switch and still pops...it pops every time i get to the second click GRRRRRRRRRRRRr

ok, checked the bulbs, checked for pinched wires, checked my ground behind tail light, checked for ANY wires around ebrake...everything looks good..

Any advise?

been watching that for some time now, no leaking...

Crawled under the truck and followed the Ebrake cable to see if its pinching a wire some place and nothing...pulled the trim on the drivers side to see if something had been pinched and nothing... tomorrow I'm going to pull the bucket out and lift the carpet to check the 12-15 inches i can't see of the cable but really don't think its under there...

got me baffled...its not electronic what so ever (other then the brake light switch that i removed) there shouldn't be power flowing threw the Ebrake assembly....everything is fine till i press on the ebrake foot petal. 1 click its fine 2 click pop its dead...put a mutilmeter in the fuse spot and I'm reading 14V when it would normally pop.

AHHH I'm so frustrated :wall: :wall: :doh: :doh:

I don't know if this helps, but worth a try. Check to see if all of the bolts holding the e-brake assembly are installed and tight. It took me about a year to figure this out the hard way. With me it was very intermintant. Some times I would get in the truck and all of my running lights would be out, blown fuse. Other times it would be OK. Then one day I had all the lights on and set the e-brake and herd the fuse pop. I found that I was missing a bolt to the e-brake and when the light were on the e-brake would flex enough to touch the fuse block popping the fuse. The truck must have wrecked and the bolt pulled out and just not installed because the threads were stripped.

Hope this helps.

Jaime