No crank condition

Its been a week to try figure out whats wrong with my MJ that have no crank condition

what i did so far to inspect

-battery is O.K. (new interstat battery)

-new positive and negative cables.

-wiggle on connector for ignition switch

Result is that there no lights come on the instrument dash board. my blower is work(custom by-pass power supply) though.

so... what should I check to find the stubborn electric gerlmin. I read somewhere on this forum that it said "try jump + from battery to a specific alternator wire" but havent do it. :dunno:

edit: I hope its not ECU or ICM issue. :peek:

that should be your starter relay. have someone turn the key and check if it's getting 12 volts. if so, it might need replacing. it should make a click sound (I bet you can feel it with your fingers) when the key is turned.

also, you should probably clean out all the mud. :D

just make sure... as i say that my instrument light don't come on after turn key on. Its would still caused from a failure start relay?

because, I just pulled the electric diagram up and research. which i noticed that the instrument light will come on after turn key (ign switch) not after starter relay? :dunno:

I just want to make sure it clear for me.

*update*

I tried to jump from power to dark green colored wire on starter relay. make sure shift is in neutral.

then starter is work and cranking my engine.

Then I try jump to green colored wire for ignition. nothing happened. i see the black w/tr colored wire. its might be ground. i jump it to ground to see if ground is bad or not. still nothing. :dunno:

I forget to grab my voltmeter from work :doh: btw I tried to see if I can feel the click while turning the key... nothing just feel stiffen turn.

Sounds like maybe the ground on the block is loose/corroded? Pretty common. Otherwise, fusible link. Bat + to main terminal on alt and the dash lights should come on with the key. If not, toasted ignition switch probably.

IIRC the wire on ignition that needs to be jumped is a 8-10ga yellow wire? just get a 12 volts positive on it (jump to the positive on battery)

where can i find the 8-10ga yellow wire? i don't see them on starter relay but seen two different size yellow wires on ICM. noticed the smaller one is loosen. like its can come off out the connector.

Sounds like maybe the ground on the block is loose/corroded? Pretty common. Otherwise, fusible link. Bat + to main terminal on alt and the dash lights should come on with the key. If not, toasted ignition switch probably.

yea I think same thing in first place but ground on the block is still clean and tighten as secured.

ill try jump it and hopefull light will come on.

just got new starter relay.

just make sure before install new one in.

there 4 terminals as obv but as my wiring diagram said for starter relay:

terminal F- didnt show on diagram.

terminal SOL-for starter(DK Grn wire)

terminal I-ignition(Grn wire)

terminal G-ground (Blk w/tr wire)

is it correct?

ok what did i do tonight-

-replaced new starter relay, still no crank

-jumped on yellow wire on ignition switch connector. nothing happen. even on dark green too. nothing.

-tried bypass power to yellow and dark green. still nothing.

-by pass ground, still nothing.

-checked fuses, found gauge fuse has cracked but not blew. replaced and still nothing happened.

:dunno: :help:

what can i do by next? i doubt its ignition switch tho.

does anything work? headlights?

Yes headlight is work, blower is work(bypass power because of out of shape fuse block. Planned to replace fuse panel ASAP later with DIY from this forum

Only isn't work are no crank, nothing happened on instrument cluster gauges after turn the key.

I just took a look at my jeep under hood. I can't find those fusible links as location you told me to take a look at. Only I see right now at this location are starter relay, couples relays, OBD I, battery and vacuum ball canister thing.

Do any of you guys have a picture of that fusible link area?