What cold air intake tube will fit in 4.0 mj

its only a "cold air" if you can separate the incoming air from the hot engine bay air. otherwise there really isn't much improvement over stock.

re-gearing is the best bang for your buck if you're looking for some performance gains. :thumbsup: especially if you're running bigger tires.

the stock intake and exhaust (except for the muffler) on our trucks is actually fairly decent. :yes: I would do them after gears.

I run 4.10s because that's the lowest factory ratio I could get in the ford 1/2 ton axles. they are ok, but I'd like 4.88s. engine and trans matter too when considering ratios and I have the 4.0/stick.

For the XJ's and MJ's up to 1990 I have not seen anything store bought so you would have to make your own but it has been years since I looked...

its only a "cold air" if you can separate the incoming air from the hot engine bay air. otherwise there really isn't much improvement over stock.

Yes it is only Cold air intake if you can actually Get cold air, But an open element filter is Way better then a stock boxed in Filter...

Here is a good Gear Calculator that I use often...

http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html

just found 4.88's on rusty's for $169 a set which is cheaper than i would have expected , but i didnt plan on putting money into the stock front and rear . I think i bent my front end already because now i have some binding spots in my steering and my tires look a little toed out :ack:

in case you didn't know, changing gears is more involved than just buying the parts and bolting them in. besides, with 35s, you should probably look into a more substantial upgrade in the axle department.

what gears are you running now? what trans?

Yes, it's a good idea. It would help out the stroker in the summer. Unfortunately the one they make for the 91 and up HOs looks like they used stove pipe. :ack: I'm going to pickup one of their inline filters and make my own since I do have more real estate to work with under the cowl hood. :D

http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG.9948