Internet Speed?

Automan2164

Wireless finally got here... So much for the painless install. When running the linksys setup, it "Cannot connect to the router. Check that the router has been connected to the computer, and that the ethernet adapter is working."

Rob :hateputers:

IMO,

Min of good average speed is 11-14 mbps

I got 18 Mbps on speed load test on my iPhone app with wifi mode on.

I think you need modern but if want wifi then get router too. That's it.

PS: I would pick AT&T or comcast for band which internet.

:typing:

• 2 weeks later...

I just fixed the sluggish internet on my Linux/XP dualboot box going through the router. Went in and turned off the "search for IPV6" feature and ZOOM! at least 56K feeling now. Almost quit the freezeup Firefox was fighting before too! I opened 30 tabs and so far, no lockup!

I've never played with Chrome, but the IT guy at work and I were talking today, and he was telling me that he prefers Firefox. He said that chrome (In his opinion) was built for straight up speed. He claims he sees a lot of crashing and threats getting through.

Rob :dunno:

Damn I though we got a raw deal here for internet but I see it is better then I thought...

My Cable internet is their "upto 30mbs"

Hard wired

25.50 MBPS down

2.5 MBPS up

Wireless

24.23 MBPS down

1.94 MBPS up

I pay just under $60.00 a month

Damn I though we got a raw deal here for internet but I see it is better then I thought...

My Cable internet is their "upto 30mbs"

Hard wired

25.50 MBPS down

2.5 MBPS up

Wireless

24.23 MBPS down

1.94 MBPS up

I pay just under $60.00 a month

Eh that's a bit much. When I was living in Nj I was paying roughly $40/month for 25down/15up on FiOS

I've never played with Chrome, but the IT guy at work and I were talking today, and he was telling me that he prefers Firefox. He said that chrome (In his opinion) was built for straight up speed. He claims he sees a lot of crashing and threats getting through.

Rob :dunno:

I have used Chrome occasionally on the desk top, but that's it. I might try it on mylaptop,as I found Firefox 8.0 has a massive memory leak. After being open for 3 days it had over 600MB resident memory. Closed it down hard to make sure it came back up with he same pages and history and upon reopening only used ~100MB.