Frozen doorlocks

What do you recommend for lubing the doorlocks? Everytime it gets below freezing, I have to climb in the window. I tried a Teflon lube, didn't work. then, I cleaned what I could and used a graphite lube, no luck this morning, actually worse. I'm starting to get pissed. Prob no lube is best, but I can't get the old cleaned out. Reckon I 'll have to get new door latches. Good thing I don't live further north.lol

mine were frozen this morning, as someone that's delt with it before, go and get the door lock thaw stuff from the hardware store, it will clean all of the gunk out of it.

Then I usually just use wd-40, as it displaces the water.

The cause is usually the wipe at the window, mine's gone on the dirvers side, so rain get's down onto the lock.

My locks don't/havent frozen...but my latches have!! Try driving to work with a door that will not stay shut!!! :headpop: :headpop:

Usually once the interior warms up the door works again...

may I suggest something synthetic, with a MUCH lower freezing point?

CW

Yeah, its the latches. They didn't work well when I bought it. So I used WD40. They froze up. So I tried some Teflon spray, still froze. While it was warm, I tried cleaning the gunk out with Carb cleaner and I bought some dry graphite thinking it wouldn't freeze. Well they froze again today. I've replaced the wipers, but we,ve had buckets of rain. I just won't lock the doors during this cold spell and see what happens. Maybe replace the latches later if I can still get them.

Mine have been freezing up after I wash them, got any ideas?

J/K, Yah I hear all of ya on this one. My latches do stick open and I am way up north so it can be a hassle. After I wash the truck I open the doors and shut them back so they only click once and don't completely shut. This way I can press the button to open it and bump it in if it won't come open because its not shut all the way. Thats how i get into mine but I still sometimes have the problem of not being able to shut the doors. Just like CW said though, it goes away once things warm up.

Oh and one last thing, up here you can forget about locking your vehicle unless its keyless. Everyone's locks are froze so no one does... Gotta love going to college at the one with the nations fifth lowest crime rate, Michigan Tech.

Oh and one last thing, up here you can forget about locking your vehicle unless its keyless. Everyone's locks are froze so no one does... Gotta love going to college at the one with the nations fifth lowest crime rate, Michigan Tech.

I'm not in college, but i didn't lock my truck the other night and got in to discover my cb's wires pulled out of where they had been covered up (freakin A$$hole couldn't just unplug the damned thing and stolen it... Noooooo, he had to rip the #)(^*)@#($&* wires out... it took alot of time/effort to wire that crap up nice.

so yea, 40$ cb gone...

200 dollar 6x9 speakers in separate little mini-boxes with wires running to stock rear locations... still there?

150$ cd player... still there?

wth was this guy smokin?

I'm not in college, but i didn't lock my truck the other night and got in to discover my cb's wires pulled out of where they had been covered up (freakin A$$hole couldn't just unplug the damned thing and stolen it... Noooooo, he had to rip the #)(^*)@#($&* wires out... it took alot of time/effort to wire that crap up nice.

so yea, 40$ cb gone...

200 dollar 6x9 speakers in separate little mini-boxes with wires running to stock rear locations... still there?

150$ cd player... still there?

wth was this guy smokin?

same people who tried to tp a car at school with frozen toilet paper.