Rear Driveshaft 86 Comanche Question (SOA/ I6, 4.0)

I was wondering what MODS are needed for my project. I have a 86 comanche longbed and I'm in the process of swapping out the 2.8 V6 for the Inline 6 4.0 out of a 92 Cherokee. The comanche already has a SOA Lift done to the rear end, which I believe is about makes it about a 4.5 inch lift.

I have read that you have to shorten the rear driveshaft to make the swap work because the stock driveshaft is to long. Is this true with a SOA lift, and if so can I find a driveshaft of a comanche longbed that came stock with the inline 6 4.0 and would this fix the issue.

Or will the cherokee driveshaft work with the SOA Lift or will my stock comanche driveshaft work with the SOA Lift?

I appreciate any help, if nothing above will work does anyone know how I can fix this issue, its really the only thing I need to figure out to be able to get started on the swap and know for sure I can complete it without any issues. I'm trying to stay away from welding, so if I will still have to shorten the stock driveshaft is there anywhere I can by a new driveshaft specifically for such a project.

I was wondering what MODS are needed for my project. I have a 86 comanche longbed and I'm in the process of swapping out the 2.8 V6 for the Inline 6 4.0 out of a 92 Cherokee. The comanche already has a SOA Lift done to the rear end, which I believe is about makes it about a 4.5 inch lift.

I have read that you have to shorten the rear driveshaft to make the swap work because the stock driveshaft is to long. Is this true with a SOA lift, and if so can I find a driveshaft of a comanche longbed that came stock with the inline 6 4.0 and would this fix the issue.

Or will the cherokee driveshaft work with the SOA Lift or will my stock comanche driveshaft work with the SOA Lift?

I appreciate any help, if nothing above will work does anyone know how I can fix this issue, its really the only thing I need to figure out to be able to get started on the swap and know for sure I can complete it without any issues. I'm trying to stay away from welding, so if I will still have to shorten the stock driveshaft is there anywhere I can by a new driveshaft specifically for such a project.

If you have the large diameter tube-n-tube shaft........my drive shop refused to shorten it. I had them make up a new 3" shaft. They also would not use the shaft from a XJ as they said it was too small in diameter for a truck and there was a good chance I'd wring the shaft under load.

Cost me $225 and they only used my yoke......the rest was new and all Spicer parts. And what a difference.......smooth, very smooth.