MJ seat brackets

If you email Rich (the last MJOTM) he might beable to help you with this one. There were some at a LKQ In Tampa one of them was good and one was kinda rusted up but not bad.

Other then that eBay, or a JY. When you do get a pair I have some track covers if you want them. Just let me know.

Brandon

The mounting brackets from an MJ bench seat will work to mount the buckets too. Best fit, I'd hit up the yard.

Yeah but you have to modify them right?

Brandon

The bench seat only has one slider per side. The bucket seats have two per seat.

Myself, I wouldn't be picky about brackets being from a bench or bucket.

It's been a long time since I even saw another MJ for parts....

One opportunity I had for spare brackets (from a bench) I passed up, now I wish I would have grabbed them just because they are "one of those parts" that are MJ specific.

Suggest grabbing ANY MJ seat brackets before you have to pay someone $100+.

(seen on the board here already)

The mounting brackets from an MJ bench seat will work to mount the buckets too. Best fit, I'd hit up the yard.

Yeah but you have to modify them right?

Brandon

The bench seat only has one slider per side. The bucket seats have two per seat.

Brandon - Yes, you have to grind off the old brackets and bolt new ones on. The only way that you would have to NOT modify them is to get bucket seats out of another MJ. It also depends on the donor seats...unless they have MJ brackets...you gotta modify!!

Boots - The sliders are on the seat, not the bracket. My MJ had a bench...I took it out and "modified" the brackets (grinding & drilling) and mounted the bracket to the seat.

I didn't like the "rocker" seats so I got some 95+ XJ 2 door buckets and mounted the same brackets on to the new seats.

Really, the only modification was taking the old brackets off and bolting them to the new seat. All four sliders on the buckets work fine. Plus with the 2 door XJ seats, the seat folds forward. Now FINDING a two door XJ with decent seats has been my quest for almost 2 years...I put them in last weekend.

I tossed my bench seat on the scrap trailer today.........what are the brackets worth? Should I cut them off in the morning?

To make sure there is no misunderstanding, your/we are talking about the part that bolts to the floor.

They don't make them anymore, any bench bracket can be made to work with buckets. I suggest saving them, might (probably will) be

worth something to somebody someday. Be possible swap material.