CAMO BEAST comache on 36's with and 8.5 inch lift

This is my 1988 jeep Comanche, which I picked up for $2700.00. Got it for a steal because it easily has over 6 grand in parts. Starting the parts list is the 8.5 inch long arm rusty suspension lift. Then the warn bumper with bull bars. Next we have 5 brand new super swamper IROKS 36 inches never seen the road still have the sticker on them. It has also the fender flares and custom tow woods drive shaft. Well motor it has is the 4 cylinder and currently isn’t running and that’s what I’m trying to find out. I put a battery in and it clicks like it’s a dead battery and also I can't get the key out of the ignition.(clutch to) So I don’t know if the starter is bad or I’m making some dumb mistake. I’m 18 and got a lot to learn so I choose to get some facts from yall of Cherokee forums. Ha I’m new too so if I do something wrong posting tell. No need for dick comments either.

I need some motor help to start for why its not wanting to turn over thanks. I will ost my Progress slowly. :) jeep on!!

yeah I'm make it my daily drive. O and its on rollers in the garage so its not as tall. Yeah its stock axles but I'm looking at some 44/60's of a truck a buddy has but I'm not yet to that part of the build. want to get the motor running and if the 36's don't work i got 31 a/t's to put on it. But in the mean time all stock axles. so yeah 35.

wicked cool manche man... i want to camo mine!..... but from the pics of the front looks like u need a shimmy shock....

but as for the engine u wana rule out the small stuff first... check all ur wires on ur starter make sure they r connected right then check all ur wires on ur altanator... and then start checking all ur fuses and ground wires.... and check under the fuse panel thats under the hood somtimes the wires break off under their .....just food for thought dude

wicked cool manche man... i want to camo mine!..... but from the pics of the front looks like u need a shimmy shock....

but as for the engine u wana rule out the small stuff first... check all ur wires on ur starter make sure they r connected right then check all ur wires on ur altanator... and then start checking all ur fuses and ground wires.... and check under the fuse panel thats under the hood somtimes the wires break off under their .....just food for thought dude

starter is shot it wouldnt spark when i put leads on it. Umm...I'm see where i go from there with the starter. Yeah i don't even know if i got all my wires i mean it looks like it but crap is just laying around under the hood from the guy i bought it from. But I'm check some more stuff.

shimmy shock? I got 4 shocks just not hooked up yet...

ur shimmy shock aka steering stabalizer goes from the empty boxed mount by ur passenger side coil spring and hooks to ur drag link.......it keeps bump steer down if u have any lose tie-rod ends etc...... but with the steering set up u have u will need a difrent style shock somthin like off a jk i think... i could be wrong... just cause u don't have the whole were the bolt goes through to mount to drag link......

someone eles may wana chime in on this one

but u will deffintely want a steering stablizer if u r gunna drive it on the road

rough country has a new dual steering stabalizer set up out for MJ's that would be an ideal way to go if ur runnin any tires bigger then 35"s..... i think they are 99 bucks wich isnt bad for to shocks and the mounting plates

do you have to weld the mounting brackets to the axle or what how would that work? cause i see no place where the shocks will go.

allright so my dad had some old chevy k20's from back in the day. One has a perfect motor and tranny and transfer case set up. 350 small block with t300 tranny. Not sure on the transfer case. Though I'm use those axles too so what do yall think now? :jump:

a 350 + 36" tires and stock d35 and d30 ur asking for awhole lot of trouble ....ur pushin the limits just with ur 4cyl and stock axels on 36"s..... if u go bigger on ur engine i would be tryin to find ford 3/4 ton axels at the least thats alot of tourque and weaight on those tooth picks

axels should be ur next investment

3/4 tons will be a good idea, some things to consider, does the axle drop on the right side? do you have the know how to swap the axles and make all the brackets line up? are you willing to clearance the floors for the new trans and t-case? are you up to the challenge of putting the 350 in? A few have done it in the past and the biggest issue is trying to keep it cool

well its just a matter of time and effort to get this puppy done really. i know a buddy who has the sbc in it and he told me some key points on what to do to it. Axles yeah we got some of those too now alot to chose from. But still its up in the air on the sbc if its a go or not. Really a fuel injected v-6 wouldnt be bad either. like one they have in the chevy sport equinox, we have one and it $#!&s and gets but the trannys are crap and slip like crazy. one close to it would be great. I love the i6 but i want better mpg. May just keep the I4 and drop the lift down and put some 33's on it.

i may end up doing something that has never been done before you will all see. brianstorming like crazy right now though.

*Hell all eles fails I'm droping a cummins 4bta in it with some turbo's and get 30 mpg and roll some black smoke along with 3/4 ton axles. which i would love to do sence i am a diesel freak.