oil filler cap

hey guys

the other day i noticed that my filler cap still leaks oil...especially if i pressed down on one side or the other. it would spit oil at the opposite side of where i was pressing. obviously i won't have my hand on the engine while driving, but it still leaks without touching it, especially at higher rpms. when i got my MJ, the cap was split right in half so i ordered one online. well ever since, i thought my pcv was leaking but a few days ago i had it running with the hood open and noticed it was the cap (my jeep sits in the driveway and i run it every few days to keep the juices flowing. hopefully it won't be this way for long, its just not registered yet). anyways, the cap is not very tight with just a quarter turn. i know the valve cover is aftermarket too (or at least not the original) so I'm wondering, is this how it was from the factory? just a quarter of a turn with the plastic cap to seal all the oil in the system? is there a way i can keep the mess contained?

Ditch the aftermarket valve cover (I assume its plastic) and get an aluminum cover from a 94 wrangler, with its original cap. Be sure to get the correct VC gasket for the new cover, and make sure its rubber. This will solve the problem. I had all sorts of issues with cap/gasket/valve cover leakage. The new cover/cap fixed everything.

my filler cap still leaks oil...especially if i pressed down on one side or the other. it would spit oil at the opposite side of where i was pressing

If this is happening when the engine is running, I would check make sure you have enough CC venting to the intake.

The CC should run with a negative pressure provided by a fully functioning vent line.

When the vent that leads to vacuum on the intake is plugged it can lead to many misdiagnoses IE: leaking rear main, front seal, valve cover gasket,oil puking into the air cleaner box. When the vent is plugged it puts the CC into positive pressure causing problems like "my filler cap still leaks oil".