Metric ton leaves?

I have the HellCreek ton's on my LWB.

haven't had any problems with them at all.

put them under truck with very little help from a neighbor.

and if i remember correctly they got here 3 days after i ordered them.

it was very fast i do remember that.

I didn't get mine from Hell Creek, but only because I didn't know about Tom's shop then. Be prepared for about a 2" or more lift in the rear from the MT springs. That's what I got on my LWB.

Crap. I can't believe I'd ever say this, but I don't want any lift :o

Lift is for the TJ. MJ is just comfortably above ground.

Crap. I can't believe I'd ever say this, but I don't want any lift :o

Lift is for the TJ. MJ is just comfortably above ground.

That's a refreshing comment. :D You can negate the lift 1/2" or so by using the shorter XJ shackles. Then you'll have a nice looking rake. :cheers:

I'm perfectly fine with the extra lift, Ill probably just level out the front and leave it. Just want the extra strength for wood hauling and takin the fourwheeler to my deer camp. Not like I'm gunna jack her way up, that 2.5 is gettin tired.

I'm perfectly fine with the extra lift, Ill probably just level out the front and leave it. Just want the extra strength for wood hauling and takin the fourwheeler to my deer camp. Not like I'm gunna jack her way up, that 2.5 is gettin tired.

Hahah, that 2.5 was born tired. That's why I don't want any lift. :rotf:

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't get mine from Hell Creek, but only because I didn't know about Tom's shop then. Be prepared for about a 2" or more lift in the rear from the MT springs. That's what I got on my LWB.

When I get these I want to do new shocks. Looking at rustys bbut with the 2" from the leaves should I get the rustys 2" lift shocks or just stick to stock?

The thing to remember about the lift you get from MT springs is that it's a result only due to the higher spring rate. Dimensionally they are the same as the non-MT springs, so they won't chage the travel characteristics at all. They will top and bottom out at the same height, it just takes a different weight to do it.

For what it's worth, I went with stock rear shocks. Eventually I upgraded the front to ZJ springs to give it a bit better balance when unloaded (which is most of the time). While you're doing the springs, take a look at the shackles. If the springs were that bad I can't say I would want to trust the shackles at full MT loads. I went with JKS shackles when it was time to replace mine and am happy with them. Even though they are rated at 2200 lbs, they feel like they could easily handle twice that before you'd notice it and crusty shackles arent worth betting on.

The thing to remember about the lift you get from MT springs is that it's a result only due to the higher spring rate. Dimensionally they are the same as the non-MT springs, so they won't chage the travel characteristics at all. They will top and bottom out at the same height, it just takes a different weight to do it.

you're thinking of factory MT packs. aftermarket packs could be anything. :(