floor pan Thickness/Gauge/type?

i just finished up with my floor. i cut up a fender from my buddies car we flipped and used that. i should have measured the thickness of what the original floor was :wall: sorry, I'm no help

but aside from the top of the frame rails (which would be a higher strength and thicker steel), the rest of the floor isnt all that thick. the fender i used worked great and seems as hardy as a factory floor if not stronger

Lowe's sells sheets of steel that are about ideal for this. I used the heavier of what they offer, but I can't remember if they offer 16-ga and 20-ga, or 18-ga and 22-ga. Fuzzy memory tells me it's the latter, which would mean that my patch panels were 18-gauge, and they seemed plenty heavy enough.

Factory floors were 18 ga steel. 16 ga is a good replacement though you'll have a harder time forming the corners/bends. Typically any 1018 cold rolled steel (CRS) will work just fine. Most steel supply houses will let you pick through the cutoffs and purchase by weight. 16 ga CRS for the floors of my '87 was $10. No galvanized if you're welding though...