interior lighting

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I just purchased a 1989 Comanche eliminator with 87000 original miles. So far I love the truck but there are a few things that need to be done. The rocker lights that are behind the driver and pasanger seats are gone. Does anyone know where these can be found? This is the only thing I have had problems finding so far. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Brian

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I just purchased a 1989 Comanche eliminator with 87000 original miles. So far I love the truck but there are a few things that need to be done. The rocker lights that are behind the driver and pasanger seats are gone. Does anyone know where these can be found? This is the only thing I have had problems finding so far. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Brian

First of all welcome to the group..we're all trying to be helpful to each other as we struggle with the little and the big problems that face us with our MJ's.

One of those is the interior lighting. Search the forum ("dome lighting") and I think you'll find lots of answers to your inquiry. If after that, you still need help/questions, post another question.

Again welcome to the insanity of MJ's. :cheers:

Thanks

Brian

Search the forum ("dome lighting") and I think you'll find lots of answers to your inquiry.

:

Thanks for the reply. Seaching was the first thing that I did once I joined the fourm. I found tons of post on how people got their dome light working or post on lighting in general but I have yet to find one on where I can find new lights to purchase.

Thanks

Brian

Search the forum ("dome lighting") and I think you'll find lots of answers to your inquiry.

:

Thanks for the reply. Seaching was the first thing that I did once I joined the fourm. I found tons of post on how people got their dome light working or post on lighting in general but I have yet to find one on where I can find new lights to purchase.

Well I think that's because those lights are no longer sold/available. You can find "used" ones that will need work and attention to detail to make them like new, or aftermarket ones that can replace the originals. Most folks lately seem to be going toward the aftermarket ones that fit "closely" but are technically superior. I chose to go with the aftermarket ones as they are really well made and fit with only a small amount of work.

The aftermarket lights that myself as well as a few others here have used are from a company called "Euramtec". You can find them on eBay. Mention that your a comancheclub member for a discount as well. Here's the eBay link to them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Universa ... 1c1aead25d

They take a small amount of clearancing to fit in the OEM holes. But they work great. Check my build thread in my sig for some photos of them installed.

The aftermarket lights that myself as well as a few others here have used are from a company called "Euramtec". You can find them on eBay. Mention that your a comancheclub member for a discount as well. Here's the eBay link to them.

They take a small amount of clearancing to fit in the OEM holes. But they work great. Check my build thread in my sig for some photos of them installed.

Perfect. That was exactly what I was looking for. I have two on order. Last question. Do these hook up with the factory wiring or will I need to hardwire them?

They're not doing the discount anymore, unfortunately. I just ordered a pair. Still worth it at $16/ea + ship, in my opinion.

They're not doing the discount anymore, unfortunately. I just ordered a pair. Still worth it at $16/ea + ship, in my opinion.

Oh well. It was worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Not discounted anymore? I just ordered mine probably three weeks ago and I paid for one and got two. I just sent him a message on eBay ahead of time saying I was a CC member. Another option is to put in a stock Cherokee dome light with map lights. I just bought a NOS one from teamcherokee.com for 30$. They also sell rear view mirrors on sites like Quadratec that have map lights in them as another option. Hope that helps

RockMJ