Minneapolis, MN MJ'ers?!? Welding help needed!

Hey Folks,

This is my first post. I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm looking for some MJ'ers in Mpls MN. I just bought my first MJ, and she needs body work, and I have no idea how to weld, and do not own a welder! I need a DV side floor pan, rockers, and cab corners! Any help, suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated. Also, Id like to do most of the prep work myself. Thanks in Advance.

-Erin (aka lexluthier72)

Thanks! I was fairly impressed by the lack of complete rust out, which is one of the reasons I bought it. I just got a probably fair est by a "body guy" to do some of the work, but IF I can save a few bucks, and make some friends in the process....win, win. I am tempted to buy an inexpensive welder, and have a go at it....but figured, Id give a request for some help first.

-E.

p.s.- Hopefully neohic will chime in....St cloud is only an hour or so away, would not be so bad.

Thanks! I was fairly impressed by the lack of complete rust out, which is one of the reasons I bought it. I just got a probably fair est by a "body guy" to do some of the work, but IF I can save a few bucks, and make some friends in the process....win, win. I am tempted to buy an inexpensive welder, and have a go at it....but figured, Id give a request for some help first.

-E.

p.s.- Hopefully neohic will chime in....St cloud is only an hour or so away, would not be so bad.

Might take him a few days. He's moving closer to work, in Alexandria. He starts moving today, and won't have the interwebs for a bit. He's a super nice dude, and always willing to help. You might have gotten really lucky too on the welding part. He is a college welding instructor.

Rob.

Youll need to let this soak for a few days in order for you to get as many replies form people in your area as possible. Not everyone is on everyday, but most who are active will check in at least a few times a week, so don't get discouraged if you don't get answers right away. Good luck on the MJ, and start a build thread!

I figured, just anxious! I may have located a guy in the neighborhood (literally) that is currently going to school for welding. Just have to catch him when he is home.

What is the general consensus on Cab Corners? Are they still not available aftermarket?

Guy in the neighborhood did not pan out....turns out he has no welder, and has since switched directions at school....BUT, I did get a call from a body guy who works out of his home, and is willing to only do the welding/smoothing of the welds, and I can do the rest. Cost more than beer, but he is a pro.

Welder found who will weld me up for free! Whoo Hoo. :jump:

Good deal, homie! Keep in mind to practice proper metal preparation otherwise you'll be right back where you started in no time.

looks like just a few of us from MN?!?

only a few of us that are active.

Word... the proud, the few. Like I wrote over in your other thread, Naterenfo1 is a cool kid down in your area. He's up in Alexandria going to school, but I would imagine he goes home from time to time. Might be able to give a hand. Another down there would be 1sickMJ... but I'm not so sure he's comes around these parts anymore.

... He's moving closer to work, in Alexandria. He starts moving today, and won't have the interwebs for a bit. He's a super nice dude, and always willing to help. You might have gotten really lucky too on the welding part. He is a college welding instructor.

Rob.

Thanks bro-chacho! Indeed, just this past weekend, I moved over to the other side of the state. I'd love to help but we're a bit farther apart now. What I can do is give you some links:

Lincoln Electric’s website has “Education Center” section that’s full of awesome information:

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/ed ... rials.aspx

Stacy David does a pretty good job too as far as different types of body repair joints:

Geez… Stacy David is so cool!!!

Any pictures of what you're dealing with?

I have not pulled carpet up yet!!! (yikes) I can however see carpet pad from under truck. I did find a guy who is going to do all my welding (apparently he owes my sister a favor) He is an industrial welder, and knew right away what I was talking about and how to get it done up right. Speaking of welding, you have a PM about Cab Corners.... :D