Missouri MJ soon to be a Minnesota MJ

streetjeep2.5

I am a Lutheran Pastor and in about 4 to 5 weeks I and wife will be moving from Montgomery City, MO to Robbinsdale, MN. I will be serving as the pastor of a church there. So, my Missouri MJ that first wore Washington State tags will soon be wearing Minnesota tags, but it won't be roaming the roads up there in the winter! Two reasons: It's a 4x2, and it is, except for a couple of surface spots, rust free.

Sooooo ... any members in the Minneapolis area????

I am a Lutheran Pastor and in about 4 to 5 weeks I and wife will be moving from Montgomery City, MO to Robbinsdale, MN. I will be serving as the pastor of a church there. So, my Missouri MJ that first wore Washington State tags will soon be wearing Minnesota tags, but it won't be roaming the roads up there in the winter! Two reasons: It's a 4x2, and it is, except for a couple of surface spots, rust free.

The rust free bod is a valid reason for not driving in the winter. The 2wd excuse isn't. When people drive 2wd they are more careful and don't push it. When they drive 4wd they have a "I can drive any way I want' attitude and barge down the road like a brain dead idiot. When I drove truck from Pueblo to Denver after every snow storm their would be 3 4wd vehicles lying upside in the ditch for every one 2wd still upright but slid off the road. A 2wd truck with chains and a knowledgeable driver will go more places than a 4wd with a idiot behind the wheel.

:agree: I use a "Trax mat" water bladder in the bed ,filled during winter weather & a little common sense . Gets me through pretty much any kind of foul weather back road conditions . Although chaining up early before you get stuck is a good precaution as well . :thumbsup:

As far as I know, I'm the closest. There is another that is just south of where you'll be, but he hasn't been on here in a while... I think he jumped ship. Currently I'm in the St. Cloud area but am moving to Alexandria before you get here.

The rust free bod is a valid reason for not driving in the winter. The 2wd excuse isn't. When people drive 2wd they are more careful and don't push it. When they drive 4wd they have a "I can drive any way I want' attitude and barge down the road like a brain dead idiot. When I drove truck from Pueblo to Denver after every snow storm their would be 3 4wd vehicles lying upside in the ditch for every one 2wd still upright but slid off the road. A 2wd truck with chains and a knowledgeable driver will go more places than a 4wd with a idiot behind the wheel.

Know what you mean. Lived in the Kansas City area for eight years. It's known for raining ice that turns roads into skating rinks. I had a front wheel drive 1985 chevy cavalier at the time. Drove sensible and made it fine while 4wd's were off the road everywhere. Lesson learned quick with a standard trans front wheel drive; don't let off the gas while in gear and going down hill on icy roads ... the engine quits and you have sliding front wheels! Take that thing out of gear!

But, still I will NOT drive my rust free 'manche if there is salt on the roads, unless absolutely necessary! No how, no way! It's an 87 short bed that has 340,000 miles, never been wrecked in any way (small dent on the top of the tail gate), original paint (white) that still waxes out very nice, not a whole bunch of rock chips that get taken care of almost right away, and a factory rear bumper that when I got it was slightly twisted and bent in on the outsides of the mounting brackets that pounded out and painted up fairly nice that I don't want plowed into by anyone. Besides, want to park it eventually and get my 327 in it and then I will have my ... STREET JEEP!

Neohic said "As far as I know, I'm the closest. There is another that is just south of where you'll be, but he hasn't been on here in a while... I think he jumped ship. Currently I'm in the St. Cloud area but am moving to Alexandria before you get here."

And xjrev10 said "I'm about 200 miles north of the Twin Cities"

Hmmm. Minnesota a somewhat commanche free state??? ;)