Customer's Comanche

I've been putting around working on other people's jeeps here and there, and have had the honor of working on this cherry '92 (91 production date) Comanche. I have to run the vin to get the actual package, but metric ton is one of them.

specs...

'92 mj

aw4

4x4

d30/d44 3.55

column shift

bench

dummy cluster

lwb

3" front lift with drop brackets

AAL in MT spring pack.

things I've done to it/am doing to it...

full gauges with shift indicator modified into them

buckets/full console

new headliner

remove drop brackets

brakes

dual diaphragm booster/mc

rear bumper

front bumper

driver's door hinge/latch

and paint.

on to some pics

Did you go to bare steel in all of those spots that you put fiberglass? If you didn't, it will bubble up.

yes, and we sanded the paint around them first. I have to block it out tonight.

I'm just the helper. the guy doing it does this for a living.

darren...all the spots on there weren't rust. they were screw holes or dents that got pulled out or plug welded.

• 3 weeks later...

four weeks and a ton of body work later (many dents), the piece of crap who is painting it FINALLY got paint down.

he got paid to do the job, body work and all. I ended up having to do all of the sanding and blocking, or it never would have gotten done.

bottom line....LAST TIME i ever have anyone else involved in body work. piece of crap really screwed the pooch, screwed my schedule, and did a $#!&ty paint job. the body work is fantastic because I did it...anyways, now I have to strip the hood to repaint it since there are paint lines under the clear. pictures will be up tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
four weeks and a ton of body work later (many dents), the piece of crap who is painting it FINALLY got paint down.

he got paid to do the job, body work and all. I ended up having to do all of the sanding and blocking, or it never would have gotten done.

bottom line....LAST TIME i ever have anyone else involved in body work. piece of crap really screwed the pooch, screwed my schedule, and did a $#!& paint job. the body work is fantastic because I did it...anyways, now I have to strip the hood to repaint it since there are paint lines under the clear. pictures will be up tomorrow.

It's always good to know who you can trust at work,

and who you can't. :fs2:

In any job.

It's looking good,

Good luck :cheers: