need input ona a soa

The only times my front end bounces is when I launch it at the top of a hill climb. Never experiences front wheel hop on rock crawls nor has my daughter (driving my truck) in mud pits.

I do have rear wheel hop when I'm pretty much standing on the rear axle trying to climb rock surfaces.

I guy I have wheeled with both at Jeepskool and Badlands has long arms that are more like radius arms (upper control arm connects to lower control arm. He complains about the front suspension unloading whenever going uphill. So my suggestion is IF anyone decides to go with long arms, to go for an actual three link or four link and not a radius arm type setup.

Ugh, you guys are gonna talk me into a 6" lift aren't you? Keep it up and I'll cave, lol. I'd like the truck to sit level, and I'd like to have good street manners coupled with better performance in the rocks. I'm fairly firm on 33" tires, everything else is up for grabs.

I like the idea of nearly infite adjustability with the IronMan4x4 shackles and the JKS ACOS, but I know its best to be close to what you want (with springs) and then fine tune after.

So Garvin, you only got 4.5" from the SOA? With 2wd or 4wd springs? Or were they bastard packs?

Whatever I do, It sounds like I should start with the rear lift and then choose what to do up front. Agreed?

Too many options is a good thing right!? :wrench:

33s will fill the wheel wells just fine at 6-6.5"

I've already got my wheel wells cut out quite a bit. Idk, maybe I'm just worrying about it too much.

Is it cut more than this?

Thats with SOA rear,6.5" front and, 33x12.50s

Here it is again after I put on a set of cut out flairs

-I don't really have a vantage point for how an AAL affects ride quality, but I hear it stiffens things up quite a bit. Which in my mind would affect off-road flex capabilities. So I'm interested in avoiding any kind of AAl.

That depends on whether you use a short (half-length) AAL or a full-length AAL. A full-length doesn't make the ride significantly stiffer/harsher at all, and if your springs are weak and/or saggy, a full-length AAL will probably feel like it rides better, not worse.

So Garvin, you only got 4.5" from the SOA? With 2wd or 4wd springs? Or were they bastard packs?

I just used my factory springs. They could be sagging a bit (I didn't measure before, only measured from the ground to the flare) or it could be the 8.25 swap but normally you get 5.5" lift from a SOA.

Thanks for the info everyone. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for someone parting out a 2wd MJ so I can get those leaves. Then some 6.5" coils up front to bring it to about level. I'll go budget and go without the ACOS or adjustable shackles.

JeepNewb, I was looking around on Barnes4wd site and I like their axle swap combo kits. Any other good perches out there?